[rt-devel] Odd behaviour

Robert Shaw rshaw at arizona.mxim.com
Fri May 25 15:42:16 EDT 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:04:41PM +0200, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> Feargal Reilly <feargal at online.thecia.ie> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > This is an intentional bug...
> >
> > When you view a ticket, by defalut, the system updates the status to
> > open if the current status is new, new essentially meaning
> > 'unread'. This came about as some people pointed out it was silly
> > having to update status everytime you took a ticket. You just happen
> > to use RT differently to most.
>
> I would rather have it changing to open only then the ticket is
> taken.  Not then it's viewed.

Yes, I agree, this is what I would prefer it do also. I don't see any reason
to make a ticket open if it has never been "taken". If it hasn't been taken,
then no-one owns it and therefore, should be considered "new", not "open".
To me, "open" means that someone now owns the ticket and is working on a
solution.

-Robert