[rt-devel] Manipulating Ticket Tag

Curtis Ireland cireland at solidum.com
Mon Sep 10 11:44:53 EDT 2001

I am currently evaluating RT as a replacement to our existing support
ticket system. So far, it looks really good. However, we would like to
change the format for the assigned tags to each e-mail. The current format
uses [$RT::rtname #".$self->TicketObj->id."] (from SendEmail.pm), but we
would like to use a format of [PKTF-YYYYMMDD-###] where ### is a three
digit representation of the id number. Currently, this number starts back
at 1 each day, but that is not terribly important right now.

Any ideas? I found the functions that parse and create the tag, but are
there any other issues I should be aware of? Thank you.
         -C

Curtis Ireland  - cireland at solidum.com
Solidum Systems - http://www.solidum.com
(T) (613)724-6004 x284  - (F) (613)724-6008