[rt-devel] Running RT in a restricted Environment

Benjamin Boksa b.boksa at sidebysite.de
Fri Sep 21 05:04:07 EDT 2001

Hi!

The company I work for owns a VPS (Virtual Private Server). We have access
to many things including the httpd.conf and lots of other things.

I managed to install RT 2.0.6 by installing the Perl-Modules it needs and
patching the Makefile by removing all chown-commands (as we are not allowed
to do chown on the server).

Installation went fine so far. Then I installed it on a virtual host as
described in the documentation.

Now the trouble comes up:

After restarting Apache we had some troulbes with missing modules. I fixed
them by patching webmux.pl (basically adding a lib) and changing some stuff
in the environment.

When I run webmux.pl from the shell it works fine without any errors now,
but when I run it with mod_perl apache doesn't come up again after a
restart.

The problem is there is nothing in the logs.

If anyone of you could help me solve this problem this would be great.

Thanks a lot,

Benjamin Boksa

--
Benjamin Boksa