[rt-devel] Approvals

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sat Aug 24 10:20:50 EDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:34:23AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 11:19:45AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > My employer has requested that I implement approval functionality in RT,
> > where a ticket cannot be resolved until other RT users have verified and
> > approved it.  I had planned to implement the requests for approval as
> > separate tickets upon which the original ticket would depend.
>
> You may wish to check out the 2.1.30 snapshot release in;
>     http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/devel/
>
> Which contains basic hooks and the approval mechanism.

As you could see in my original message, I already saw that this
functionality was beginning to be implemented in 2.1.30.

> The additional insertdata script below creates the logic used for
> approvals and stuff, as part of development toward RT3.  Basically,
> RT2.1.30 implements a 'strong dependency' system in which one ticket
> cannot be resolved unless the one it dependents on is.

Thanks, this is very helpful.  I noticed that this restriction did not seem
to exist when experimenting with 2.1.30.  What also seemed to be missing was
a way to cause a transaction to fail from a scrip; for instance, to reject
it because other requirements had not been met.

> I've been assigned to grok all the approval stuff in the next few
> days, so if you run into problem/ideas, feel free to post here and
> maybe we can help each other a bit. :-)

Sounds good.

--
 - mdz