[rt-devel] SourceForge for RT add-ons?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 10:22:42 EST 2002

Hi Darren and all,

--- darren chamberlain <darren at boston.com> wrote:
> * Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com> [2002-12-28 09:38]:
> > What about opening a new SF.net project, "rt-addons" ?
>
> I think this is a good idea.

ok, let's choose the platform.
I'd vote for SF.net in favor to savannah, because of the reasons:

-- SF is driven by a company which put its whole business model
   into the project. There's big money, hence more stability.

-- Savannah is driven by (slightly marginal) enthusiasts,
   on a relatively small server. Hence, less stability, regardless of
   the FSF philosophy.

-- Savannah supports SSH1 protocol only, and also I suspect less
   functionality (I didn't compare this yet) than SF.

> I think the biggest problem is going to be finding people to administer
> the project -- it would be unfair to Jesse to simply assume that he will
> be doing it.  If something like this does get set up, I will be happy to
> help administer it, or do whatever I can to help.

I'm ready for this. I've been administering two active and another couple
of inactive project at SF, so this would be quite easy for me.
Of course, any help is appreciated. Especially on the starting stage,
when we have to define the directory structure.

Question to Jesse: does this need a separate mailing list, or rt-devel
is enough?

BTW, rtimportldap gained another spin last Sunday, so it really needs
a place like the above.

Cheers,
Stan