[rt-devel] Changes for bigint tickets

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Wed Feb 6 13:10:13 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:24:18AM -0500, Rich Lafferty (rich+rt at lafferty.ca) wrote:

> I'm not sure. It's a Perl problem inasmuch as the program that's
> exhibiting buggy behavior is written in Perl, but I suspect (but don't
> yet know) that I'll find the culprit in DBD::mysql, which is XS.

And I did. :-) The MySQL API function mysql_insert_id() returns a
my_ulonglong; the DBD::mysql I was using implictly casts that into a
ulong. The ironic part is that at sometime in the past, the author
changed from a uint to a ulong after a bug report. In an ideal world,
that bug would only have to be fixed once. :-)

Luckily, there's a new branch of DBD::mysql -- the one in
Msql-Mysql-modules is apparently deprecated (although still suggested
on www.mysql.com, sigh). The new one has routines to explicitly
convert MySQL's data types to SVs, and it Works Fine[tm].

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!