[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

Fabian Ritzmann fri at akumiitti.com
Fri Feb 8 04:02:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 22:33, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:26:45PM -0600, Rob Walker wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 February 2002 14:07, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > > I'm currently investigating other version control systems
> > > such as arch and bitkeeper, which will make it somewhat easier for sites
> > > to maintain their own branches off my repository, which might make
> > > things more interesting in the future...

I'm quite happy with `cvs import` here.

> > Sigh, same here.  I am setting up an internet infrastructure for a company I
> > am starting to work with.  We need to implement an VCS, but setting up and
> > training everyone on CVS just feels like such a step backwards.  ugh.
>
> Finding anything interesting besides those I mentioned?

Two open-source systems you might want to consider:

Aegis: http://aegis.sourceforge.net/
- Mature, complete configuration management system. Unix only, but WWW
interface.

Subversion: http://subversion.tigris.org/
- Very interesting architecture, but still pre-alpha.

You can find a good list of CM tools here:

http://www.cmtoday.com/yp/configuration_management.html

Fabian

--
Everybody needs a little love sometime; stop hacking and fall in love!