[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Fri Feb 8 12:58:04 EST 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 11:20, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> that I really really want: the ability to do distributed repositories
cleanly,
> so I can work on a branch on my laptop (without net) , checking in every
time
> I hit a micro-milestone and then merge up to the "main" repository when I
> finish.
>

> I'm currently leaning toward spending a couple days playing with an aegis
> repository and the RT 2.1 codebase. The basic plan would be to leave the
> 2.0 branch in CVS, but to do new development in the new VCS.  Has anyone
> here worked with aegis?

Many of my qualms about bitkeeper went away after perusing their site for some
real data.  I see that a number of people use it for everything from their
home directory files to their web pages.

IIRC, it reverts to GPL if the bitkeeper servers go away.

I think it all boils down to the logging messages and the worry over them.  We
might be able to entice windows users to hack on rt that way, with a window
gui for interaction with the repository.

rob