[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Feb 8 18:16:45 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Yeah. I've spent a bit of time with it. In time, I suspect it will be quite
> cool, but it's still not mature.  It's mostly written against posix.2, which
> means that it doesn't run so well on everything out there just yet, including
> my MacOS X laptop, where I do most of RT's development.   And, while I'm not
> in much of a position to talk, the fact that it's tens of thousands of lines of /bin/bash still frightens me a bit ;)

Maybe I've missed something, but what about CVS isn't suitable for RT's
development cycle?

If the question is one of private development branches seperate to the
main tree, CVS can be convinced to do that, without opening up the CVS
server.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations