[rt-devel] Contrib: UpdateMessageId (RT2.0.x)

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Feb 27 15:55:41 EST 2002

The attached ScripAction will update the Attachments.MessageId field of
the parent attachment of a given mail (ie, the first one).  It is designed
to operate as part of a Global Scrip:

	OnIncomingEmail UpdateMessageId with template Blank

( The OnIncomingEmail condition is available from the RT2 2.0 contrib
  directory )

Caution: This functionality will be replaced by code in rt-mailgate in a
later release of RT2.  This is merely how I have chosen to implement
MessageId tracking on my own installation due to other factors.  Your
milage may vary.  May contain traces of nuts.

Caution: You will need to allow write access to the MessageId field in the
_ClassAccessible method of RT::Attachment .  You must know what you are
doing to take this step, or have certif{ied/able} RT technicians standing
by.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations