[rt-devel] RT copyright notice

Dan Shearer dan at tellurian.com.au
Mon Jun 17 02:08:00 EDT 2002

A small matter, but significant. The following:

   RT is Copyright 1996-2002 Jesse Vincent.  It is distributed under
   of the GNU General Public License.

is only true if either Jesse wrote absolutely all the code or all
contributers assigned copyright to Jesse in a traceable fashion before the
bugfix or contribution was incorporated in RT. I don't think either is the
case. The fact that Jesse has written nearly everything himself is
besides the point when dealing with the GPL.

I suggest that something like the following is more likely to be correct:

   RT is Copyright 1996-2002 Jesse Vincent and others.  It may be
   distributed under version 2 of the GNU General Public License.

It may make things simpler in the future if "version 2 or later" were
added, in case the mythical version 3 comes to light.

--
Dan Shearer
Open Source Manager
dan at tellurian.com.au