[rt-devel] Associating IP ranges (or other objects) to tickets

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri May 10 04:17:03 EDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Florian Weimer wrote:

> I'd like to associate IP address ranges with tickets.  What's the best
> way to do this?  Shall a create a separate table (ticket_id, first_ip,
> last_ip), or is it better to use the existing links table?

I'm biased somewhat, and would suggest using (funnily enough) the RIPE
database software (ftp://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/dbase/software) to record who
is a contact for which IP range.  It seems to work somewhat for us ;)

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations