[rt-devel] Logic of RT::Tickets::Limit*?

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Tue May 21 16:10:32 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 08:42:36PM +0200, Bruce Campbell (bruce_campbell at ripe.net) wrote:

> MySQL server logs I'm afraid.

(I was able to set DBIx::SearchBuilder::DEBUG and get it out that
way.)

Eureka!

The query is

SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main WHERE ((main.EffectiveId = main.id))
   AND ((main.Owner = '2')) ORDER BY main.Created ASC LIMIT 25

which returns 25 tickets as expected. But 19 of the 25 have a status
of "dead". Dead tickets are *hidden* in RT, not excluded in the query,
so since I'm limiting the results to 25, I'm getting 19 dead tickets
and 4 live ones; when I explicitly ask for new/open/stalled, I'm not
getting the dead tickets so I get all 9 live ones.

I'm inclined to think that that could be done more gracefully,
although *my* code is content now that I understand why my workaround
works. Jesse, is that Working As Designed or have I found an
unintended side-effect?

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!