[rt-devel] RT 2.1.47 - Still pre-alpha. Barely.

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Nov 17 01:26:49 EST 2002

I've just rolled RT 2.1.47. It contains a reworked install process.

The database initialization and population has been rolled into the
initdb script (which will be renamed before 3.0) It doesn't yet handle
taking a DBA password as input, which is critical unless you've got a
setup as godawfully insecure as my development workstation ;)

This installation is _not_ done automatically by the makefile anymore.

In the next release, this install process will be further refined.

It is very likely that release, 2.1.48 will be RT 3.0 alpha 1.

After that point, the schema will not materially change. (Indices and
column definitions may be tweaked until we hit beta.)

Throughout the alpha period, we'll be finishing off the core featureset.

The remaining "biggies" are:
	* new client-server mail gateway
	* new client-server CLI
	* RT 2.0 to 3.0 import tool

There's a bit of UI work to be done and a number of minor cleanups and
enhancements that have to happen before something gets blessed as RT
3.0 as well, but we're getting there.

	Jesse
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.