[rt-devel] RT 2.1.48, Postgresql database initialization

Andrew Snare ASnare at allshare.nl
Thu Nov 21 09:15:35 EST 2002

Hello All,

Running the initializing script for 2.1.48, using a Postgres background,
dies with the following during database initialization:

--snip-- ...
'customfields_pkey' for table 'customfields'
'customfieldvalues_pkey' for table 'customfieldvalues'
'sessions_pkey' for table 'sessions'
schema sucessfully inserted
Now inserting database ACLs
DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: execute on disconnected handle at
/opt/rt3/etc/acl.Pg line 48, <SCHEMA> line 565.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: execute on disconnected handle at
//opt/rt3/sbin/initdb line 224, <SCHEMA> line 565.
Problem with statement:
  create user rt3 with password 'rt_pass' NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;
execute on disconnected handle at //opt/rt3/sbin/initdb line 225, <SCHEMA>
line 565.

It looks to me like the ACL insertion fails because the DB connection has
already been closed or something?

Has anyone else seen this? If not, I'll try and have a look at it tomorrow
(or maybe Monday) to work out what's going on.

Cheers,

  - Andrew