[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] RT3/Apache2/Mod_Perl2

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Fri Nov 29 02:53:32 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 03:43:18AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> Look at the bin/modperl2.pl in the source distribution -- that's the
> Apache2 handler contributed by yours truly. :) And here's the httpd.conf
> settings I use:

This has been significantly changed after 2.1.51 here -- I consolidated
modperl2.pl back into webmux.pl, so Apache1 and Apache2 can now use
(mostly) the same config:

    <VirtualHost your.ip.address>
	DocumentRoot /path/to/rt3/share/html
	ServerName your.rt.server.hostname

	PerlFreshRestart On                 # only for Apache/mod_perl 1.x
	PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat   # only for Apache/mod_perl 2.x

	PerlModule Apache::DBI
	PerlRequire /path/to/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

	<FilesMatch "\.html$">
	    SetHandler perl-script
	    PerlHandler RT::Mason
	</FilesMatch>
	<LocationMatch "/Attachment/">
	    SetHandler perl-script
	    PerlHanler RT::Mason
	</LocationMatch>
    </VirtualHost>

We'll see if Jesse think this is sane and merges it back to 2.1.52. :-)

> Also note that while you can use Apache::DBI, it currently requires
> Apache::compat, which may slow things down slightly.  YMMV.

This is actually incorrect, as CGI.pm loads Apache::compat anyway.
So just use Apache::DBI and never mind what I said. ;)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/