[rt-devel] some patches and wishes: 2.1.39

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 10:04:28 EDT 2002

Hello all,

We are trying to implement the troubleticketing in our
company, and RT is the first choice to try.
2.0.14 is great, but some functionality missing.
New features in 2.1.39 are even greater, but
need some bugfixes.

I've installed the system from scratch on a FreeBSD
box, so here are my notes, in time order.
The most critical is at the bottom.
See the patches in attachment.

README:

  The installation sequence is in fact different:
   --copy etc/RT_Config.pm to the destination directory and edit
   --make testdeps
   --make install

  Web server configuration:
     DocumentRoot /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html
   must be changed to:
     DocumentRoot /path/to/rt2/html

  Cronjob changes:
0 * * * * find /path/to/rt3/var/session_data/ -type f -amin +600 -exec rm '{}'
 \;

sbin/testdeps:

  it would be easier if those modules which are OK are not
  printed at all.

html/Elements/Header:

  images are absolutely referenced, instead of using $RT::WebImagesURL
  See the patch attached

lib/RT/Handle:

  The DBIx-SearchBuilder package available from CPAN is 0.61.
  The mysql connections are not cleared, and soon you get
  "too many connections" message.
  Version 0.73 does not solve the problem
  I added DESTROY() handler, and now it's much better.
  Please apply the patch attached, and update CPAN.

With best regards,

Stanislav Sinyagin
CCIE #5478
Xicom AG, Switzerland