[rt-devel] Wreq 2.7 -> RT 3 conversion

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Apr 5 18:47:27 EST 2003

You can find the original source for req2rt at
http://www.wesmo.com/~rwest/rt/req2rt.tar

I haven't supported it in years.. It only supports migrating tickets
from REQ to RT v1.x (or prior).

Usually it is difficult to migrate from one tracking system to another
due to the extreme differences in the database formats and structures,
and it required a GOOD understanding of BOTH database formats and
structures in order to have a good and clean migration.  Usually, the
focus is more on internally developing the application rather than
reverse engineering other applications...

Unfortunately, that leaves the development of migration utilities to the
community...

-Rich