[rt-devel] Importing a scrip to RT3...

jkaufman at footlocker.com jkaufman at footlocker.com
Mon Apr 14 12:29:12 EDT 2003

I had a problem that gave the *exact* same message (Can't locate object
method "new" via package "RT::Handle" at
IncomingEmail.pm.insert.pl line 33.),  but I was just trying to setup RT. I
had installed the RT perl dependencies as root with a umask of 022, and
several directories that the perl dependencies were in,  were not rx for
other and so RT couldn't access some of it's required perl modules... This
could be something to as least look into and verify the permissions.  My
easy test would be to run it as root and then try as a totally
unpriviliaged user (like the webserver user)..If it works as root, but not
webserver user... then could be the same as me...if not...

Well I tried to offer *some* help. :)

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Inc.

                                                To:      "Rt-Devel at Lists. Fsck. Com" <rt-devel at lists.fsck.com>
                                                cc:
                        "James L.               Subject: [rt-devel] Importing a scrip to RT3...
                        Harrison"
                        <harrison at palisa
                        desys.com>
                        Sent by:
                        rt-devel-admin at l
                        ists.fsck.com

                        04/14/2003 11:12
                        AM

Okay...

I have gotten farther in my quest to import a scrip into RT3... I am stuck
again here:

#perl IncomingEmail.pm.insert.pl
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 49.
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 49.
Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::Handle" at
IncomingEmail.pm.insert.pl line 33.

The line it is referring to is this:
require RT::Handle;
$RT::Handle = RT::Handle->new; #this is line 33
$RT::Handle->Connect();

Anyone have any ideas here?

-Jamie

---