[rt-devel] RT3, browsers and character encoding

Arthur Watts a.watts at cqu.edu.au
Mon Apr 14 19:18:15 EDT 2003

Guys,

        At the risk of asking a question which has already been answered
(I cant find it if-it-has), can someone clue me in to the following :

        Mozilla 1.3 / Netscape 7.0 renders RT3 perfectly, with the
default Character Encoding set to 'Unicode(UTF-8)', yet IE 6.0 is unable
to deal with sections of the page, despite having the identical setting,
Switching to 'Auto' failed to fix the issue, and looking at the CSS in
webrt.css hasn't given me any pointers either. Plenty of lovely little
square boxes, each of which morphs into another unintelligible character
as I try different character sets.

        I'm sure this is something simple - I just haven't stumbled onto
the answer yet.

Thanks,

Arthur

Arthur Watts (a.watts at cqu.edu.au)

Web Developer

Faculty of Informatics and Communication | Central Queensland University