[rt-devel] RT 3.0.2pre3: charsets

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 04:46:10 EDT 2003

--- Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   (the same way with charset="iso-8859-1") the message loses its content,
>   subject, and requestor. As a result, the empty ticket is created.

the way the charsets are processed now is wrong, wrong, wrong!

The whole message body is handed as-is to the web interface,
and share/html/autohandler tries to convert to Unicode something that
it has no idea about. Of course, it fails to do so on 8-bit message body,
and it becomes empty after
  $ARGS{$key} = Encode::decode('utf-8',$ARGS{$key}, Encode::FB_PERLQQ);

The message content encoding must be processed BEFORE giving it to
Mason.  rt-mailgate process is the best place to do so.

By the way, does rt-mailgate defer the message if Apache isn't running?
I couldn't find anything like that in the code.

Regards,
Stanislav