[rt-devel] Tentative fix to attachment bug

Daniel E. Eisenbud eisenbud at cbio.mskcc.org
Wed Apr 30 01:36:10 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:44:36AM +0800, Autrijus Tang <autrijus at autrijus.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 12:11:30PM -0400, Daniel E. Eisenbud wrote:
> > Perhaps this is a different attachment bug, but I get the attached HTML
> > as an error message whenever I try to attach any file via the web
> > interface.  Interestingly, email attachments seem to be incorporated
> > just fine.
>
> Even with iso8859-1 high bit characters?  Great news then.

Um, hmm, maybe I misunderstood the nature of the bug.  This was a
base64-encoded PDF file.

> > This is a new RT3 installation, 3.0.2pre3 updated to 3.0.2pre4 and now
> > also with the patch, and I still get the same behavior.  I'm on a
> > debain woody system, using MySQL and mod_perl 1.  I saw one report of
> > seemingly the same bug in the list archives, which the reporter then
> > said he'd resolved by changing MySQL table types, but I believe we are
> > using modern tables, since these tables are all brand new, so that
> > seems unlikely to be the problem in this case.  Any ideas?
>
> I am very sure that the update to -pre4 did not complete successfully,
> since the -pre4 autohandler does not have an array dereference in line 31,
> and I specfically put in a fix for that in -pre4.

Hmm, I've since reinstalled -pre4, restarted apache, tried again, and
had exactly the same result.  I've diffed the autohandler in our RT
directory (the path referred to in the error message is correct) with
the one in the -pre4 distribution, and they're the same (and indeed
different than the one in the -pre3 distribution.)  I feel like I must
be missing something obvious, but I haven't yet figured out what.  We
still get the same error.  :-(

(Grasping at straws here, is it conceivable that dynamically loaded
mod_perl is the problem?)

-Dan