[rt-devel] Long attachments timeout

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 07:59:29 EDT 2003

--- Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I couldn't reproduce the problem with freshly restarted Apache (1.3.27, mod_perl 1.27),
> will try again later.

Something strange. With 3-0-4, I could not reproduce it several times.
After upgrading to 3.0.5pre2, the problem appears immediately:

Here's the mailq and rt-mailgate output, with real e-mail addresses removed.
In the debug output, two previous deliveries were successful, and the last one
was right after upgrade.

bash-2.05b# mailq
-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
2A96534D3F  2936359 Mon Aug  4 13:46:02  root@*****.net
                                                           (temporary failure)
                                         rt@*****.net

-- 2867 Kbytes in 1 Request.
bash-2.05b# tail -25 var/log/maildebug
Subject: Long attachment test
Requestor: s.sinyagin@*****.ch
Connecting to http://127.0.0.1//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 403,
<> chunk 1.
ok
Ticket: 942
Queue: rt
Owner: s.sinyagin
Requestor: s.sinyagin@*****.ch
Connecting to http://127.0.0.1//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 403,
<> chunk 1.
ok
Ticket: 942
Queue: rt
Owner: s.sinyagin
Requestor: s.sinyagin@*****.ch
Connecting to http://127.0.0.1//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 403,
<> chunk 1.
An Error Occurred

500 read timeout
This is /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate exiting because of an undefined server error at
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 445, <> chunk 1.
bash-2.05b#