[rt-devel] Re: RT SQL 'lockup' (mysql->99% cpu)

Iain Price iain.price at post.serco.com
Mon Aug 4 10:18:45 EDT 2003

> Just fyi, already using (mysql) 4.0.13, first thing we changed to try fix
the issue.
> Made no noticable difference (except to make my mysql rpm something i have
> to manually look after rather than rely on up2date hehe).  Well in all
> fairness it might have made some difference, but on a 6 hours query
anything
> short of several thousand times faster isn't going to get spotted unless I
> spend days profiling this (or create a smaller testing RT DB).

More info - i ported our database to mssql for fun (!) (well as an
educational experience)... it suffered no problems with these kinds of
searches, it could even do a 4 requestor search reasonably quick... since i
hadn't actually set up RT to use mssql i had trouble generating test queries
(hitting dont search on the search page still seems to generate a count()
type request for something that locks my mysql up eventually).

Iain