[rt-devel] Apache::Session and persistent data

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Aug 8 05:22:18 EDT 2003

       Hello.
I think that we could significantly increase perfomance if  we hack
Apache::Session::MySQL to don't use locking.
But there is problem with storing persistent data(other then user info)
in same table.
This problem will display when user open more then one browser and two
requests need to store some persist data for further use and here some
shit happens.
I have two ideas(I don't know what exactly possible to do):
       1) Another table for persistent data like search requests, etc.
       2) Multisessions for one user.
       3) Don't think about it and just use NOLOCK version of module.
       4) Try to use locking only when it's really needed.
       5) something else
It would be really good two work in more then one browser window. Our
support team would be work better.
       Any ideas on it? What happens on Postgres with this?

I think that it's bad system design. IMHO, SessionData really useful for
users specific preferences, but not for dinamic data.
                      Best regards. Ruslan.