[rt-devel] where does rt3 store the body of the ticket

Michael van Elst mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
Thu Aug 21 09:35:52 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003, michab wrote:

> can anybody tell me, where i can find the body of a ticket
> in the database ?? i searched all tables, but only found the
> attachments, but never the body of the ticket itself.

Attachments are an illusion :)

A mail message can be single-part or multi-part.

A single-part message is stored as
-> an "attachment" with Parent == 0 and a non-NULL content
The content of this attachment is the body.

A multi-part message is stored as
-> a "parent attachment" with Parent == 0 and a NULL content
-> a "sub-attachment" for each part with Parent == id of parent attachment
The sub-attachment with the lowest id stores the body.

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS