[rt-devel] Fixing attachment encoding (update) (was :Broken attachments -- possibly not mod_perl2)

mixo mixo at coza.net.za
Tue Dec 2 01:48:35 EST 2003

A while back I had problems with attachments being trucated at 9 bytes.
The problem turned out to be due the "ContentEncoding" being set to
"base64" when it should have been "none". This happend during migration
from rt2 (pg) to rt3 (mysql) using rt2-to-rt3 (1.20) utility. The reason
I am back to this is that I asked if the query :
   update Attachments set ContentEncoding='none' where
ContentType='image/jpeg' and ContentEncoding='base64';
would be sufficient to fix the issue, but I have since not received a
reply. To make a long story short, I will rephrase my question: do I
need to change all entries in the Attachments table with content
encoding "base64" to "none" or is there more to it?