[rt-devel] Upgrading using rt2-to-rt2 v1.20

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Dec 8 10:33:47 EST 2003

Daniel Foster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to import a rather large ticket database (~105k tickets).
> Here's what happens as I try to do the first (dump) stage:
>
> [root at sonic rt2-to-rt3-v1.20]# time ./rt-2.0-to-dumpfile /usr/db
> Out of memory during request for 1012 bytes, total sbrk() is 503975936
> bytes!
>
> real    6m22.794s
> user    6m7.895s
> sys     0m10.456s
> [root at sonic rt2-to-rt3-v1.20]#
>
> Any ideas here?  The machine has 2GB RAM and 2GB swap.
As I think perl/perl modules problem.
I don't remember depedencies on perl modules of export tool, so you can
try grep code for 'use' and 'require' and update this modules.

I don't have memory leaks during export/import or may be didn't mention
them.

It's also may be RT problem I don't know realy. There is a few so HUGE
installations of RT2 in the community as I think.

		Best regards.