[rt-devel] Problem starting rt 2.1.x after good install

Timothy Demarest demarest at arraycomm.com
Thu Feb 6 17:39:45 EST 2003

I've got a trange problem with getting the 2.1.63,64, and 69 working with
apache 1.3.27. RT2 (2.0.15) works just fine, and has been for a long time,
using a very similar virtual host configuration. I havent tried any other
releases 2.1.x releases. The problem crops up when I try to start apache:

        /etc/init.d/httpd start
        Subroutine handler redefined at /rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 111.
        [Thu Feb  6 09:37:43 2003] [error] Undefined subroutine
        &RT::LoadConfig called at /rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 60. Compilation
        failed in require at (eval 73) line 1.

        Syntax error on line 1322 of /home/http/conf/httpd.conf:
        Undefined subroutine &RT::LoadConfig called at /rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        line 60. Compilation failed in require at (eval 73) line 1.

        /rhome/http/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
        httpd started

Here is the relevant virtual hosts section of the apache conf:

<VirtualHost 172.16.0.144:80>
    ServerAdmin rtadmin at arraycomm.com
    ServerAlias rt3.arraycomm.com rt3
    DocumentRoot /rt3/share/html
    ServerName rt3.arraycomm.com
    Options FollowSymLinks SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <FilesMatch "\.html$">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </FilesMatch>
    <LocationMatch "/Attachment/">
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </LocationMatch>

    ErrorLog logs/rt3-error.log
    TransferLog logs/rt3-access.log
</VirtualHost>

If I simply execute the webmux.pl script from the command line as the user
Apache runs as, it doesn't return any errors.

Any ideas?

Tim