[rt-devel] Bareword "REDIRECT" not allowed while "strict subs"

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Wed Feb 12 09:45:08 EST 2003

* Jeff Holst <jeffholst at hotmail.com> [2003-02-11 22:58]:
> Phil Homewood wrote:
> > You are aware that you're doomed if you expect both the RT instances
> > to coexist under mod_perl on the same machine, right? mod_perl does
> > not play nicely with multiple apps. :-(
>
> I was't aware of this, but thanks for the heads up.  In this case both
> instances our on a test server and I just wanted to see RT3 in action.
> I'd be happy to just get my rt-2-0-15 working again though!!

Just to clarify, mod_perl doesn't work well with multiple versions of
modules with the same name, because Perl doesn't work well with multiple
versions of the same name.  mod_perl is often maligned here, but the
problem really is that a mod_perl process is a single long-running Perl
instance.  Any long running Perl instance will have the same problems.

(darren)

--
He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he
who dares not is a slave.