[rt-devel] rt-mailgate in RT2 vs RT3

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Fri Feb 14 11:40:22 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:18:05AM -0500, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> So. It should be noted that rt3's mailgate uses an http based RPC
> mechanism to talk to the RT Application Server (The web ui). If you
> don't have the web ui running correctly, the mailgate won't work.

Not running RT3 yet, but worried: we'll need to be sure to document
how to make an rt-mailgate RPC failure appear to the MTA as a
transient error, so that mail received while the webserver is being
restarted gets queued for retry rather than bouncing.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!