[rt-devel] Quick question

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Sat Feb 22 03:19:24 EST 2003

Art Morales wrote:
> I'm trying to set up rt as a test install, and I'm trying to install it
> as part of another server (therefore not in the root of the server).
>
> I can see the login page and enter the username and password, but it
> does not work (password incorrect (root:password))  I don't see any logs
> being created other than the httpd access logs...

Which version of RT? The latest 3.0 beta 2 (aka 2-1-75)
switched to using MD5 passwords instead of DES because of
broken glibc crypt() implementations. If you're using a
glibc system, and using an earlier version of RT, upgrade
and see if it makes life better...

As to the logs, look for the LogToFile and associated
options in the config file.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.