[rt-devel] History -- Security

Colleen colleen at darksideproductions.net
Wed Jan 15 20:23:38 EST 2003

Hi,

I've recently implemented a higher level of security for the users in my
company's installation of RT.  We only use it through the Web, so I've
basically set it up like this.

All users have access to A, B, and D queues

Users with special privileges have access to A, B, *C*, and D queues.

Imagine the path in which a ticket travels as A->B->C->D

Tickets that are in C have Credit Card numbers entered and when they go
to queue D, those numbers become invisible.  But, if a CC Number needs
to be updated, it's written as a line in the history of the ticket, and
thus displayable, no matter the queue or who the user is.

Is there a way to turn off a certain field's ability to be written to
'History'?  Or some other way around this?

Thanks in advance!!

--
Colleen Noonan
Software Engineer