[rt-devel] Re: RT 2.1.56 (wrong charset)

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 16:58:50 EST 2003

--- Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> I've spoken with Autrijus Tang and we've confirmed that this _Does_ work
> with 5.8, which uses newer unicode libraries, but not with 5.6. Still
> not sure _why_ it's busted on 5.6.

I'll try and find some time in mid-February and track the problem.
I hope my level of German language is enough for that.
We're still running 5.6.1.

Still, I see a big problem with non-Latin charsets, e.g. Russian.
Though I didn't yet find the time for testing it.
I insist that HTML::Entities is doing the wrong things, it's
not needed for Latin charsets and blows everything for non-Latin ones.

regards,
Stan