[rt-devel] RT 3.0.4pre1: still some problems with CachedGroupMembers

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Fri Jul 4 18:20:51 EDT 2003

Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> > This one could be a problem, if it's running for more than a couple
> > of seconds. Are you using mod_perl or fastcgi?
>
> mod_perl 1.27

Ah, OK. That shouldn't cause pain for long. I've seen similar
problems under fastcgi where the client went away, and the
thread sat in "sending data" state forever.

As jesse pointed out, several SELECT GET_LOCK()s for the same
session indicate something similar:- that the client has got
bored and aborted transactions and tried to do other things.

mod_perl should be a lot nicer about this than fastcgi, and
eventually (after a minute or two) things should return to
normal.

Might I reccomend the "mytop" utility (it's in the FreeBSD
ports collection) to keep an eye on what's happening when this
next occurs?