[rt-devel] Behaviour correction for SB-0.88 (improves Oracle support)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 18 18:07:51 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:20:44PM +1000, Brook Schofield wrote:
> This change to the distinct code does not change the result set
> returned - but does improve the SQL generated.

*nod*  I actually ran into this about a month ago and was pretty
positive that I'd made an equivalent change. This is clearly not the
case. I've put your patchset through the testsuite with both mysql and
Pg and all seems in order. Tonight, I'll upload 0.89_01 to CPAN.

> The only issue I could see creeping up is the ($key IS NULL or $key =
> '') change - as that may not be portable between other databases. This
> is due to the differences between CLOB and VARCHAR2 in Oracle (this has
> been detailed in a previous post of mine).

That does vaguely worry me, but I don't actually see any cases where it
breaks anything.