[rt-devel] mason_data and session_data, cache or lib?

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Wed Jun 4 01:17:50 EDT 2003

I'm working on packaging RT3 so that it fits the FHS spec, by adding a FHS
section to config.layout, and I'm wondering if masonstatedir and
sessionstatedir are variable state information or cached data.

The difference between the two is that the "variable state" should be
preserved after a reboot, whilst "cached data" is pruned by the application,
or can be purged by the administrator, and the application will continue
working.

I'm guessing that they should go into the "variable state" directory, but I
just wanted to check if the data in them is actually just cache.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg