[rt-devel] rt2-to-rt3 status and RPM's for depenencies

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 4 06:12:23 EDT 2003

mixo wrote:
> can the
> initial data export (dump) be started in incremental mode? I am
> considering only
> doing a dump from say the begining on this year, and using that instead.

Nope, you'll miss out on a lot of metadata that way.

> The plan
> would be at the end of a certain period, like a year, do a dump of the
> db (using the
> db's utils) and store it somwhere, after then do the incremental dump of
> the past
> month (just an example) and do a fresh rt install with data for the past
> month.

How much data are you accumulating in a year?

> Emails from rt-users and rt-devel lists don't have a 'reply-to' field, which
> means some of us will accindentally reply to inviduals and not the lists as
> the "reply" button in some email clients pick up  the "from" field if
> the "reply-to" one doesnt exist. I 'm one of those poeple who clicks on
> "reply".

I for one am firmly against Reply-To munging, for reasons well summed
up by Chip Rosenthal at http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html .

Surely Mozilla has a "List-reply" function, or at leat a "Reply-all"?