[rt-devel] Re: Removing Deleted Tickets

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Wed Jun 4 09:35:51 EDT 2003

Jonas Lincoln <lincoln at unit.liu.se> wrote:
> I've received a script from Wash working in RT2. I've now modified it to
> work with RT3, and it seems to do everything correct.

Jonas,

I haven't tried it yet, but will get some good use out of it.  We "delete"
all spam (and we currently receive a lot of spam in RT as we have
filtering turned off right now).  Thanks for the contribution.

Now, the only thing I'm missing is a way to get rid of "dead users", i.e.
users that don't have associated tickets.  I've got lots of fake spam
users and as soon as I remove their deleted tickets, they won't have any
associated tickets.

If I have a chance I will look into writing a script for this however
since I know I probably won't have time to do this in the near future, I'm
hoping someone else has already done it... :)