[rt-devel] Decoding of Subjects broken in 3.0.3pre3 (3.0.3pre2 was OK)

Dmitry Sivachenko mitya at cavia.pp.ru
Sat Jun 14 07:21:45 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 01:43:16AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:57:24PM +0400, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
> > When I back this patch out only for Subject (see diff between 3.0.3pre3 and
> > my current version attached), I get the following error:
> >
> > # perl -c Attachment_Overlay.pm
> > Bareword "Encode::FB_PERLQQ" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at Attachmen
> > t_Overlay.pm line 145.
> > Bareword "Encode::FB_PERLQQ" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at Attachmen
> > t_Overlay.pm line 222.
> > Attachment_Overlay.pm had compilation errors.
>
> Writing Encode::FB_PERLQQ as Encode::FB_PERLQQ() will fix this.

Thanks, that did the trick.

So when I back out this patch only for Subject (and leave for Headers),
properly MIME-encoded Subjects also become '??????' after RT.

The only way to fix this is to back out that patch completely.

What do you think about my suggestion to pass every header containing
non-ascii characters to Encode::Guess, as you do with message body?