[rt-devel] Converting text/html e-mail to UTF

Dmitry Sivachenko mitya at cavia.pp.ru
Mon Jun 16 05:54:13 EDT 2003

Hello!

It seems that SetMIMEEntityToEncoding converts text to UTF8 only for
text/plain type.  At least there is the following comment here:

# the entity is not text; convert at least MIME word encoded attachment filename
# TODO: should we be converting ANY text/ type? autrijus?

We faced the following problem:  there are e-mails that are NOT multipart,
but their content-type is 'text/html; charset=...'.

Such e-mails are not converted to UTF8 and consequently RT sends such
tickets with '???????' instead of non-ascii characters.

Is it possible to fix that by converting text/* types into UTF?

Thanks!