[rt-devel] bug in regression tests?

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Tue Jun 17 22:07:18 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>That does indeed look like a bug in the test suite or your setup. there
>are about 900 tests ;)

Found it.

>> ok 34 -  user exists and was created by ticket comment submission
>> ok 35 - Opened the mailgate -
>> [Tue Jun 17 08:14:07 2003] [crit]: read-open ../../../html/NoAuth/images/spacer.gif: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/MIME/Body.pm line 417.
>>  (/tmp/rt-test-28500/inst/lib/RT.pm:242)

It turns out that the test for the binary attachment is trying to attach
spacer.gif, but the relative path given there doesn't exist and isn't where
spacer.gif lives in my little test harness setup.

I changed the string "../../../html" to @MASON_HTML_PATH@ on lines 230 and 249
in bin/rt-mailgate.in and the test passes again.  I dunno if that's going to
break your regression setup, as it'll mean needing a configure and install
before running the regression tests -- I can't remember if you'd said that's
the way it happens or not.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg