[rt-devel] bug in regression tests?

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Tue Jun 17 22:24:54 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:07:18PM +1000, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>> This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>> >That does indeed look like a bug in the test suite or your setup. there
>> >are about 900 tests ;)
>>
>> Found it.

>> It turns out that the test for the binary attachment is trying to attach
>> spacer.gif, but the relative path given there doesn't exist and isn't where
>> spacer.gif lives in my little test harness setup.
>
>your little test harness setup?
>Something other than:
>
>./configure; make regression

Yes, it does a little bit more, because I can't rely on using the current
apache and postgres installations for regression testing, I set up a
temporary copy of both, and configure rt for them, install it into a
temporary directory, then run the regression.

This is a single aegis test program that runs the RT regressions, but
self contained so that it doesn't impact anything else on the system.  It
should be simple enough to modify for using with mysql, and other
combinations of mod_perl and speedy cgi (I'm currently using FastCGI).

Once I've debugged it to the point that I'm happy with it, and I can trust
it for rolling out new versions of my package onto my production machine,
I'll send you a copy for perusal.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg