[rt-devel] RT 3.0.3rc2

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 19 14:01:45 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:35:12PM +0200, Dirk Pape wrote:
> Hey Jesse,
>
> --Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2003 3:13 Uhr -0400 schrieb Jesse Vincent
> <jesse at bestpractical.com>:
>
> >The only changes here were header parsing and generation fixes.
> >We backed out the encode_mimewords patch from Dirk, as that was causing
> >more problems than it was solving and replaced it with a more clever
> >encode_mimeword that avoids encoding the email address.
>
> that seems to resolve my subject encoding issue and encouraged me to
> reapply my threading patch and voila, for now (few testing only) my problem
> is gone.
>
> I beg your pardon for having introduced this bug into RT.

No worries. We didn't have the right tests to catch that it would cause
a problem (and really, it's a deficiency in MIME-Tools' implementation).
But the bug never made it into a shipping release, so it's no big deal
;)

> But this might be compensated by contruting my (hopefully) soon
> rehabilitated threading patch and some more contributions we developped her
> to support our workflow (e.g. a slightly changed handling of signatures in
> Web-Replies, ability to toggle ticket history display order on the fly or
> for the session, "Notify AdminCC only if Ticket is unowned", public Tickets
> in SelfService, some Callbacks for Ticket Actions: "stall until",
> "dispatch" :-)

Neat. I'm sure people will be thrilled to see them. Pack them oen by one
and bounce them to me and I'll drop them in /contrib

> BTW: Does a policy exist how to pack contributions for RT3?

No proper policy exists yet. Off the top of my head:

I'd like to see and
	<contribution_name>.README
	<contribution_name>.tar.gz

The .tar.gz should contain a structure something like the following

	another copy of the readme [required]
	a Makefile
	etc/initialdata [optional]
	html/
	lib/
	doc/
	po/ (localization)

	what else?

Autrijus indicated that he might have something clever for packaging
addons for us soon, too.