[rt-devel] rt SOAP server

Michael Lausch mla+ml.rt-devel at lausch.at
Sat Jun 28 12:49:41 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 18:27, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 06:17:52PM +0200, Michael Lausch wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 17:52, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > > I'm somewhat of a SOAP newbie, so I apologize if I've gotten it wrong.
> > > Would it be possible to see a chunk of a WSDL file for what we're doing
> > > now and what we "should" be doing?
> > >
> > >       Thanks,
> > >       Jesse
> >
> > what i've done is to define a XML schema for a ticket (it's not complete
> > yet, but a start)
> >
> > <xsd:complexType name="Ticket">
> >  <xsd:sequence>
>
> Ow. no. that was never intended to be a sequence. I'm terribly sorry
> about that.

sequemnce is okay. that's the wsdl or xml-schema way to define
structures.

> > type="xsd:string"/>
> >  </xsd:sequence>
> > </xsd:complexType>
> >

> > then i'm able to define the createTicketRequest message like this:
> > <message name="ticketCreateRequest">
> >         <part name="ticket" type="xsd:Ticket"/>
> > </message>
> >
> > and use the same type for  the response message of the getTickets()
> > function and as  the input parameter for updateTicket()
>
> *nod* Ok. That's much more what I intended. I've attached a start at a
> WSDL file I had a while ago, just for trying to think things through.
> Though I'll note that the WSDL designer I used also seemed to have a bit
> of a mind of its own.

ok. i'l use the snippet you provided as a start and follow your naming
conventions.
since i'm not good in perl, the implementation in the server will be
subject to corrections ;-)
depending on my speed to get used to M$ Visual.NET, i'll provide the C#
source for a server test suite at the end of the following week. also
some Python client code will come into existence (i'm more interested in
a Python client, but the .NET client is needed for interop tests).