[rt-devel] I've already managed to break something...

Lorens Kockum rt-dev-id-48 at lists.lorens.org
Tue Mar 18 04:57:54 EST 2003

I've installed RT RC1 from scratch, created users, renaming the
root user in the process (maybe that's the problem).

Sending mail as valid user creates ticket as desired.

Chapter 4, Section Users, "Whenever someone new submits a
request, RT automatically creates a non-staff account for that
person.".

That's cool, but sending  message from an hithertofore unknown
user generates

  RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does
  not allow for the creation of a new user for your email.

Googling that error message commes up with nothing, neither does
searching for it in rt-devel archives, which makes me think I've
broken something.

Looking at the source for lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm didn't help
much either.

rt-mailgate docs say

  However, you will need first of all to create an RT user for the
  mail gateway and assign it a password; this helps to ensure that
  mail coming into the web server did originate from the gateway.

which that is not further explained.  It does make me hope that
maybe it wasn't I who broke things by renaming the root user?

In any case, the two documentation snippets seem contradictory
to me, and that's why I'm writing.

What should I do to solve my problem?

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum