[rt-devel] Error changing ticket owner

Matthew J. Draper matthewd at staff.airnet.com.au
Thu Mar 27 18:55:43 EST 2003

Changing a ticket owner, I got an error... 'Unable to add user to
group', or something like that, I believe.

Anyway, I went to change it again, and got an exception: something to
the effect of "Unable to call Delete() on undefined value". In order to
successfully change the owner, I had to make the following change to
RT/lib/Ticket_Overlay.pm, and thought it might be a useful... Assuming I
haven't broken anything. :)

3027,3031c3027,3033
<     my ($del_id, $del_msg) =
$self->OwnerGroup->MembersObj->First->Delete();
<     unless ($del_id) {
<         $RT::Handle->Rollback();
<         return(0, $self->loc("Could not change owner. "). $del_msg);
<     }
---
>     if ( $self->OwnerGroup->MembersObj->First ) {
>         my ($del_id, $del_msg) =
$self->OwnerGroup->MembersObj->First->Delete();
>         unless ($del_id) {
>             $RT::Handle->Rollback();
>             return(0, $self->loc("Could not change owner. ").
$del_msg);
>         }
>     }

Matthew