[rt-devel] PgSQL 7.3.2 queries in rt 3.0.2pre4, using DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.81_04

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Sat May 3 21:42:04 EDT 2003

> I admire all the work Jesse did with rt, but I don't find the sources
> and built-up of the sources to be overly clear.  Rather, I am inclined
> to call them obscure, which hampers my ability to work on it a lot.
> Not to put it down, or anything, but I've tried and it is not easy to
> get through it and create enhancements. :(

There is a somewhat steep (but not high) learning curve to understand
the DBIx::SearchBuilder model of looking at data, but once you
understand that, most of the rest of RT falls into place.

If you have _specific_ issues that you don't understand, you can post
them to this list, and likely someone will explain them.

-R