[rt-devel] Re: RT 3.0.1 I18N patch proposal

Remy Chibois rchibois at free.fr
Tue May 6 11:41:02 EDT 2003

Quoting Autrijus Tang <autrijus at autrijus.org>:

> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:34:48PM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> > On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:19:24AM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > > Thanks very much for this. I expect to have real net again on
> wednesday
> > > or thursday and will test it out then. In the meantime, I'd love to
> hear
> > > others' reports on how this patch fixes things up?
> >
> > Except for the Record.pm bit that I'd need to take a closer look
> about,
> > the rest seems wonderful.  I'll apply them to my local branch
> > provisionally and test-run it in next few days.
>
> The Record.pm patch has already been superceded by a better
> implementation
> available in 3.0.2-pre5.  I did some stylistic cleanup to the other
> chunks and applied to my branch here as @5663, as attached and inlined
> below.

Sorry, I failed to check Record.pm.

> Also, re the I18N.pm bit: if as Remy said that OE separates multiline
> MIME words with "a newline and a tab", wouldn't the correct regex be:
>
>         $trailing =~ s/\n\t//g;
>
> Instead of the original version:
>
>         $trailing =~ s/\s?\t?$//g;
>
> Or did I miss something?

In fact, after numerous tries, the first regexp in the function "transforms"
\n to \s (haven't yet figured out why). If you put some debug statments in
that area of RT, you'll see that $trailing is "\s\t" in case of a multiline
MIME words string and "\s" when at the end of that string. Thus, the "original"
regexp catches both cases, and only at the end of the string.

--
   Remy Chibois