[rt-devel] new experimental searchbuilder

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue May 13 06:17:40 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 11:05:25AM +0200, Paul Wagland wrote:
> One question that I do have...
>
> Is there a test harness for SearchBuilder so that I can take the queries and
> try them out on our DB?

In DBIx::SearBuilder::Record, you can warn with the QueryString  in the
SimpleQuery routine.. but it looks like its not worth it. The change I
made was for more parenthesisation of the JOIN clause based on several
reports that doing so massively improved the system's performance.
Sadly, it looks to be not the case.

> While I think that there is a potential for speed increases I am a little
> hesitant to swap out our current working build for something that is
> "experimental"

Realistically, I don't expect it to actually be worse than 0.81. I just
don't want the whole world bothering to download it and try it.